- Enabling and managing the tool
- Adding more collage layouts
- How to use a PNG file to create new layouts
- Setting a collage layout as the default option on a product
The Collage Layout tool allows your customers to create photo collages on your customizable product. Check this sample product.
In order to make it available for your customers, you need to activate the tool from your Zakeke back-office as described in this guide.
2. Enabling and managing the tool
In your Zakeke back-office, go to Collage layouts tool > Tool rules
You can now create a rule to enable the tool on your customizer.
Each rule defines:
for which product(s) the tool should be activated;
what collage layouts should be available for those products. You're provided with a few layouts by default. If you wish, you can create more layouts.
3. How to add more collage layout
In your Zakeke back-office, go to Collage layouts tool > Collage Layouts Gallery
You can create a new layout in two ways:
by setting a number of rows and columns and automatically generates it;
by upload a PNG file. This is very useful if you wish to create complex layouts instead of simple grid layouts. Read here how to do it.
4. Using a PNG file to create a new collage layout
In order to use a PNG file to create a new collage template, you must follow these rules:
Must be PNG format (.png);
- Must weight maximum 10MB and have 2000x2000px resolution;
Must have a transparent background;
Must have transparent margins of at least 1 pixel;
Every box that is part of the collage, must be in a different color. All colors must be completely non-transparent. Every part will be used to create a box for the grid;
- All the colors you use in the PNG must be flat colors without any gradient or variation.
Let's say you want to define a 3x3 grid. The PNG file will be as the one below:
5. Setting a collage layout as the default option on a product
If you wish your product to start with a collage layout on it when your customers get in the customizer, do as follows:
go to Tools > Pre-Designed Templates
Select the product to add a template on it
From the templates tools on the right, select the Collage Layout tool and add the collage you wish to show as default collage on the product
Make sure that the template that you have just created is set as default template on the product.