The pricing set in Zakeke can be Displayed in three ways:
- Creating a new product
- Draft Order
- Additional Product that helps price increase
1) Creating a new product
2) Draft Order
There are multiple methods that Shopify allows to adjust the additional price of the customized product on the Cart and Checkout Page. The draft order is one of those methods. This method allows us to create a Draft Order in the Merchants store and show that order on the Checkout page. Usually, we create a second virtual product and show it on the checkout page to adjust the additional price. To activate this, you should first set Zakeke to don't create new products on the add to cart and then add the following code in your theme.liquid file:
window.zakekeProductAdvancedProcessingDraftOrder = true;
window.zakekeCustomizationPriceName = 'Customization';
You can also customize the title of the second product that will be added to the checkout page by chaning the string Customization to what you want. The screenshot below demonstrates how the checkout page is being shown when the Draft order is enabled in a store.
3) Additional Product that helps price increase
- We use a hidden “Customization” product to add fees to your cart. Shopify does not provide any way to add fees or additional costs to a cart, so we need a product with a price to do this, unfortunately.
- This item is set at $0.01 (or whatever your currency is) so that you can add any price for an option, and we just adjust the quantity (ie $5 = 500 of the $0.01 item). Otherwise, we would need tons of these hidden products to add unique fees, which would clutter up your product management considerably.
- Our app’s scripts hide this “fee” product throughout your product pages, collections, cart, etc to make it look like option costs are part of your regular product.
However, on checkout, our app’s scripts cannot run. Shopify doesn’t allow any third-party scripts or code to run on this page.
As a result, we cannot modify or “hide” the way your “Item personalization” product is displayed as we can on your cart page. The personalization will be listed as a separate “product” with the total cost of the personalization separated from the product’s base cost.